November 22, 2019 12:06
Fly-by-night Justice Minister Cho Kuk on Thursday appeared for questioning by prosecutors for the second time but again refused to answer their queries.
He was whisked into the Seoul Central Prosecutors' Office once again through a secluded passageway from the underground parking lot and again invoked his right to remain silent. He turned up at 9:30 a.m. and was sent home at 7 p.m.
Cho, who quit office amid massive protests after just 35 days in the job last month, is accused of illegal investments in a private equity fund owned by his family, corruption and nepotism in his daughter’s university admissions, and trying to destroy evidence.
The former presidential secretary said in a press release after his first questioning last week that he felt it was "pathetic and unnecessary" to answer every question raised by prosecutors and a court of law will determine his innocence.
But prosecutors intend to keep grilling Cho. "Even though he refuses to answer them, we need to ask all of the questions to use them in court," a prosecution source said.
Prosecutors are also considering seeking an arrest warrant.
- Copyright © Chosunilbo & Chosun.com