October 27, 2017 09:26
North Korea on Thursday said the world should not dismiss Foreign Minister Ri Yong-ho's threat to detonate a hydrogen bomb over the Pacific, CNN reported on Thursday.
Ri made the threat at the UN General Assembly in New York on Sept. 22.
Ri Yong-pil, a senior diplomat in North Korea's Foreign Ministry told CNN in Pyongyang, "The foreign minister is very well aware of the intentions of our supreme leader, so I think you should take his words literally."
He claimed the North has always put its words into action.
"The U.S. is talking about a military option and even practicing military moves. They're pressuring us on all fronts with sanctions," Ri Yong-pil added. "If you think this will lead to diplomacy, you're deeply mistaken."
The remarks come after U.S. President Donald Trump said in an interview with Fox News last week, "You would be shocked to see how totally prepared [for action against North Korea] we are if we need to be."
- Copyright © Chosunilbo & Chosun.com