September 20, 2017 09:46
The North Korean regime has banned people from the Punggye-ri nuclear test site in Kilju, North Hamgyong Province from entering Pyongyang since its latest test, sources said. People across the country are being called up for emergency evacuation drills in preparation for a war.
After the nuclear test on Sept. 3, Kilju residents who planned to go to Pyongyang for hospital treatment and other reasons were told by security authorities that they were not allowed to travel, a source said Tuesday. " I heard that it was because of a security project for Kim Jong-un," the source added.
Choi Kyung-hee who leads a student activist group said, "A tunnel collapsed at the Punggye-ri site after the latest nuclear test. It seems that local residents are banned from Pyongyang because of the possibility that they were radioactively contaminated."
Meanwhile the regime is deliberately stirring up anxieties by preparing for an invasion from the U.S. after the UN's adoption of fresh sanctions in response to the North's nuclear test earlier this month.
Another source said, "Soldiers are training in trenches and civilians are being mobilized for an emergency drill every day."
The regime told soldiers in a training to shoot any bigger group of soldiers in North Korean military fatigues who look suspiciously tall and are wearing glasses in case they are South Korean commandos, the source added.
"Panic is spreading in Pyongyang amid rumors that it will be the primary target of a nuclear attack in a war," the source said.
- Copyright © Chosunilbo & Chosun.com