September 13, 2017 10:06
New research has found that using bleach and other common disinfectants is harmful to the lungs.
A recent study by Harvard University and the French National Institute of Health and Medical Research found that using bleach products just once a week could increase a person's chance of developing chronic obstructive pulmonary disease by nearly a third.
The research involved data from over 55,000 nurses in the U.S. It looked at their exposure to disinfectants like bleach, hydrogen peroxide and alcohol used to clean operating rooms and equipment.
This is the first study to report a link between specific cleaning chemicals and fatal lung diseases among healthcare workers.
- Copyright © Chosunilbo & Chosun.com