April 07, 2015 10:53
North Korea is likely to fire more missiles after the regime declared the East Sea a no-fly, no-sail zone last Wednesday.
The ban has been declared for an indefinite period and the North did not bother to inform any international agencies, a government source here said Monday.
"We've also detected movement of some transporter erector launchers carrying Rodong missiles," another source said.
Military authorities speculate that the regime will launch ballistic missiles as a show of force this week or next, when U.S. Defense Secretary Ashton Carter visits Seoul on April 9-11, or on the birthday of regime founder Kim Il-sung (April 15).
Last year, the North repeatedly fired missiles into the East Sea without even declaring a no-fly, no-sail zone.
- Copyright © Chosunilbo & Chosun.com