Korean national football team manager Hong Myung-bo on Monday declined to speculate about his future after the country's lackluster performance in the World Cup in Brazil.
"I've been giving it serious thought, but it's not an easy decision to make," he told reporters on return to Korea at Incheon International Airport.
His contract started in July last year and will not run out until the end of the 2015 Asian Cup, which kicks off in January in Australia.
The Korea Football Association has said it will respect any decision Hong makes, which means it will neither sack him nor pressure him to stay.
There is heated debate everywhere. Those who believe Hong should step down argue that he should take the responsibility for Korea's poorest showing in a World Cup since 1998.
Korea finished in the bottom of Group H in Brazil with one draw and two losses.
Those who say he should remain reason that a frequent change of managers leading up to the World Cup was one of the main reasons for Korea's failure and the fault was not Hong’s alone.
"While some have questioned Hong's future after this failure, what Korea needs now is stability," British daily Metro wrote. "From the start of their World Cup qualifying campaign in 2011 through until Brazil they've had three head coaches in as many years, all with vastly different styles."