Park Chu-young in Seoul for Treatment

      April 15, 2014 11:11

      Park Chu-young, who plays for Watford in England's second-tier Championship, seems intent on staying in Korea in preparation for the World Cup in Brazil rather than returning to England for his club duties.

      Park scored against Greece in a friendly last month to prove his deadly striking ability. However, due to cellulitis, he has been receiving treatment at a hospital in Korea.

      "Park is quickly regaining his form. But it will be difficult for him to go back to England for Watford's final match [of the season on May 3]," manager Hong Myung-bo said in a press meeting on Monday.

      "It would be better for Park to comment on whether he will go back to Watford," he added. "He will make a decision after discussing the matter with his team."

      Hong also unveiled a detailed schedule for the national team leading up to the World Cup in Brazil this summer. "I will finalize the final 23-men entry on May 9 and start training in Paju from May 12," said Hong.

      "I've decided on 90 percent of the roster, and I'm deliberating over the remaining 10 percent of the spots."

      • Copyright © Chosunilbo & Chosun.com
      이전 기사 다음 기사
      기사 목록 맨 위로