Police have told actor Park Si-hoo, who is accused of raping a 22-year-old aspiring starlet, to present himself for questioning by March 1. If he fails to show up again, police will seek a warrant for his arrest, a spokesman said Monday.
Park was originally summoned for questioning last Tuesday but postponed his appearance. He was expected to show up on Sunday but an hour before his scheduled appearance he applied to have the case moved to another precinct.
Park's attorney complained the present precinct handling the investigation leaked details to the media. But the precinct refused to transfer the case saying there are no problems with the investigation and the accuser also needs to be protected.
The investigation has so far been handled by police in western Seoul, which has jurisdiction over the accuser's home. They have also summoned another actor identified only by his surname Kim, who introduced Park to his accuser on the night of the alleged rape, for questioning by 10 a.m. on March 1.