The third and final launch attempt of a homegrown space rocket, dubbed the Naro, has been rescheduled for around Nov. 9.
The Ministry of Education, Science and Technology on Monday said more detailed analysis lies ahead of the defect that caused the launch to be postponed last week. The new launch attempt will also not be possible any earlier since the international community needs to be informed of the schedule.
The launch window could be any time between Nov. 9 and 24.
Korea will inform the relevant international shipping and aviation safety bodies on Tuesday.
Ministry official Roh Kyung-won said, "We decided on a longer window to launch the Naro just in case we need more time to fix the defect."
The final date will be confirmed by early next week.