80% Feel Drunken Violence is a Serious Problem

      July 12, 2012 12:56

      Eight out of every 10 Koreans think that drunken violence is a serious problem, according to a Gallup Korea phone poll of 606 people.

      The survey showed that 51.6 percent felt drunken violence is a very serious problem, while 34.4 percent said it is "fairly serious" -- a total of 86 percent. Only 7.5 percent said it is not a serious problem.

      Especially young people feel that drunken violence is a serious problem with 91.6 percent in their 20s and 90.6 percent in their 30s. Among people in their 40s, 50s and 60s, around 80 percent said it is serious. When it came to punishing those guilty of drunken violence, 94 percent said intoxication should not be an excuse.

      • Copyright © Chosunilbo & Chosun.com
      이전 기사 다음 기사
      기사 목록 맨 위로