The Yeosu Expo will reopen its online pre-booking system on Saturday, the organizers said Tuesday. Advance booking was scrapped amid public controversy on May 27, but the committee decided to resume advance booking for eight exhibits.
Some 30 percent of visitors will be able to book in advance for admission from 1 p.m. to 8 p.m. every day, while the remaining 70 percent will be admitted on a first-come first-serve basis. Admission is first-come first serve only from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Advance booking is through the website www.expo2012.kr. Booking via smartphone apps was scrapped because it was too complicated for many people.
The period for advance reservation has been shortened from a month to two weeks. Visitors can book in advance based on a 15-digit reservation number that is given when the booking is made online.