The Korea-EU FTA has been sent back yet again after more errors were found in a freshly submitted translation and will have to be laid before the Cabinet again. The government was left with egg on its face when an inaccurate translation was put before the National Assembly.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade on Monday withdrew the Korea-EU FTA bill from the National Assembly and plans to submit it to the Cabinet when the mistakes have been corrected. This throws a spoke in the wheels of plans by the government and ruling Grand National Party to get the FTA ratified by April.
Lawmakers said the ministry admitted that the second translation of the Korea-EU FTA contained a considerable number of fresh errors and agreed to submit a corrected version again. As soon as the plenary session of the National Assembly opens next month, it will withdraw the FTA bill and start the process all over.
- Korea, China to Strengthen Crackdown on Illegal Fishing
- Japan Eyes Separate FTA with China
- 4 Hurt as Coast Guards Battle Chinese Fishermen
- Korea to Keep Farm Produce Out of FTA with China
- N.Korean Business Zones to Be Included in FTA with China
- Pundits Speculate About the Effects of Korea-China FTA
- Could Korea-China FTA Strain Ties with U.S.?
- FTA with China Could Have Geopolitical Ramifications
- Korea, China, Japan Start Free Trade Talks This Month
- Seoul, Beijing to Start FTA Talks in January
- Korea Must Watch Growing Tensions Between U.S. and China
- Chinese Ambassador Urges Korea-China FTA
- Chinese Nuclear Envoy Visits Seoul
- Huge Number of Translation Errors Found in Korea-EU FTA
- Gov't Promises Fresh Scrutiny of Korea-EU FTA
- The National Assembly Can't Ratify a Typo
- 'Typo' in Korea-EU FTA Threatens Ratification
- European Parliament Ratifies Korea-EU FTA
- Korea, EU to Reopen Talks About Car Provisions in FTA
- Korea Takes the Lead in FTA Networks
- Korea, China 'Likely to Launch FTA Talks in 2011'
- Korea-China FTA Talks to Start Next Year, Beijing Says
- Seoul, Beijing, Tokyo Agree to Start Free-Trade Talks
- Korea, China to Start FTA Negotiations in the Next Few Months
- Copyright © Chosunilbo & Chosun.com