January 21, 2011 12:52
There was surprise Thursday when North Korea proposed high-level military talks about the North's provocations last year, with one senior South Korean government official saying Pyongyang "has never proposed a meeting in such a form before."
He said North Korean Defense Minister Vice Marshal Kim Yong-Chun is not expected to attend due to failing health, "and this seems to be the reason why North Korea proposed high-level talks rather than ministerial talks."
Another senior official said the North Korean delegation is likely to be headed by Lt. Gen. Kim Yong-chol, director of the Reconnaissance Bureau.
- Copyright © Chosunilbo & Chosun.com