The disgraced former leader of popular boy band 2PM, Park Jae-beom, has offered his side of the story of his withdrawal from the group and the rumors surrounding the event. Park came back to Korea in June but has not so far talked about the acrimonious end to his time with the band.
In February, Park's former management agency JYP Entertainment announced it was terminating his contract but declined to reveal the details. Park had been at the center of a media storm when derogatory comments he made about Korea on his MySpace page were revealed.
Park said, "It was a little bitter at the time. But it wasn't like I would die if I couldn't sing. I just wanted to do something different as soon as possible, whether to dance or do other part-time jobs. My life wasn't going to end there. I always thought there would be other opportunities."
Park declined to comment on the rumors surrounding the event. "I don]t want to give hard time to everyone involved again. If I talk about it, it would only bring back bad memories. I'll just live as life leads me. There are people who criticize me, and I know that there are bad rumors. It would be a lie to say I'm not concerned about them at all. But I'm trying my best not to pay attention to them." Does he feel bitter about his former agency? "They didn't intend to harm me, and I don't have time to feel bitter about it. Life's too short. It's all behind us, and I wish them all the best," he said.
"I was able to survive the difficult times because my fans waited for me. I couldn't let them down," he said. Park had two very successful fan meetings on Saturday and Sunday and left the country for similar events elsewhere in Asia. He will embark on a tour starting with Los Angeles on Sunday and return to Korea in early October.