N.Korea's No. 2 Leader Says Nuclear Talks Are Over

  • Arirang News

    July 16, 2009 12:04

    North Korea's Kim Yong-nam says the six-party nuclear talks are over for good. The reclusive regime's second-highest official told delegates at the Non-Aligned Meeting in the Egyptian resort of Sharm el-Sheikh that there can be no dialogue or negotiations "where the principles of respect for sovereign rights and equality are denied."

    Kim claimed Pyongyang had no choice but to take "decisive measures" to further strengthen its nuclear deterrence.

    The six-party nuclear dismantlement talks were suspended late last year and Pyongyang declared this April it was not returning to the talks after the UN Security Council condemned its rocket launch.

    • Copyright © Chosunilbo & Chosun.com
    이전 기사 다음 기사
    기사 목록 맨 위로