March 27, 2009 11:37
The CEO of an online media company was allegedly among men with whom the late actress Jang Ja-yeon was forced to have sex, it was reported Thursday.
The man is not on a list of 12 men written by the actress before her suicide earlier this month. A police spokesman confirmed the existence of a 13th man and said he will be summoned for questioning after police check his phone call history and trace his movements.
But police have not established how many copies there are of Jang's document and whether the original still exists. Jang's ex-manager Yoo Jang-ho told police during questioning Wednesday the original draft was about seven to eight pages long, but he only picked four pages that made it more coherent. He said he did not remember how many copies he made.
Police suspect that Yoo made at least three or more copies, as two were retrieved by broadcaster KBS from Yoo's waste bin, and Yoo and Jang's family are said to have burned another.
After analyzing a voice file left by Jang, police confirmed that she told an acquaintance that the head of her management company, identified as Kim, was trying to "kill" her, which the police interpret as Kim trying to ruin Jang's career. If this is true, police said Kim could be charged with threatening Jang.
- Copyright © Chosunilbo & Chosun.com