Autumn is perforce the season of the scarf. But how to make the most of the necessary accessory? The Chosun Ilbo finds versatility in a tasseled strip of wool.
1. A scarf slung neatly around the neck looks sophisticated, but be sure to wear a matching blouse.
2. A scarf draped loosely over the shoulder provides a feminine look. Look at how the gray and red are matched and how a corsage brooch adds sophistication.
Paisley print scarf by Aquascutum -- W95,000 (US$1=W954), Red knit by it Michaa -- W139,000
1. Decorate your handbag with a scarf: A vintage brown handbag looks even more stylish with a scarf twisted and tied to the handle.
2. On the head: Another way to look stylish is to cover the head with a scarf and tie only half your hair into a ponytail. Matched with simple outfits and sunglasses it can't fail to look stylish.
3. As a belt: With jeans and dark monochromatic formal trousers, a long, colorful scarf may be suitable to replace a belt.
4. As a necktie: Styling yourself with a scarf as a necktie will be in fashion in this autumn. Any scarves you already have will come in handy.