August 11, 2000 20:07
Seo Tai-ji officially announced his return to the Korean pop scene Friday through an e-mail to a fan club's homepage, following a four and a half year layoff after his resignation in January 1996. In the e-mail, Seo said that he was ending his stay in the U.S. and would return to Korea where he would restart his music career.
The twenty-eight-year old musician said he had been working on a new album since he had released his fifth album, "Take One," which sold 1 million copies and for which he had received W3billion from Samsung Music in July 1998.
As though fearing the public opinion for his change of words regarding his resignation, Seo wrote that he thought the matter over many times and that it wasn't an easy decision to make. However, he gave no specific details about the dates his second solo album would be released or when he planned to hold a concert. In his e-mail, though, Seo stated that he had finished the sound mixing and mastering for the new album, which suggests his new album could be released in mid September at the latest.
It was also learned that a previous member of Seo Tai-ji's group, Yang Hyun-suk has reserved the Fencing Gymnasium at the Olympic Park from Sept. 5 to the tenth, indicating the possibility of a surprise Seo Tai-ji & Boys return concert.
- Copyright © Chosunilbo & Chosun.com